The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) has expanded eligibility for a fourth/winter dose of COVID-19 vaccine for adults over 30 years of age. The updated recommendations are:
– Adults aged 50-64 are now recommended to receive a winter dose.
– Adults aged 30-49 are eligible for a winter dose.
– The interval recommended between a third dose, or a recent SARS-CoV-2 infection and a winter dose is now three months.
ATAGI emphasises that people previously eligible for their winter dose should receive it as soon as possible as they remain at higher risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19. They include:
– All adults aged 65 years or older
– Residents of aged care or disability care facilities
– Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 50 years or older
– People who are severely immunocompromised (this will be their fifth dose)
– People aged 16 years or older with a medical condition that increases the risk of severe COVID-19 illness
– People aged 16 years or older with disability, significant or complex health needs, or multiple comorbidities which increase the risk of a poor outcome.
Also read: 4th dose of CIVD vax coming soon
Where to book
To book your vaccine appointment click on the links below:
For the latest ATAGI advice, click here.
For previous updates, please click the button below to view the previous Department of Health special project update.
- Australian Government: gov.au/covid-19-vaccines
- Victorian Government: vic.gov.au/vaccines
- Subscribe to Chief Health Officer Alerts: vic.gov.au/newsletters
- Follow the Chief Health Officer on Twitter: @VictorianCHO
Similar Posts by The Author:
- Opening EduTECH, Minister Hutchins announces Vocational Pathways for teachers
- Fair Work Ombudsman takes University of Melbourne to court
- International Beer Day 2022 – Raise a glass to celebrate Australian beer
- AI ECTA – Australia India Business Summit 2022 at Indian Consulate Melbourne
- Grants now open for Multicultural Festivals and Events