GURU NANAK GURPURAB
On behalf of the Australian Labor Party, I wish the Sikh community across Australia a joyous Guru Nanak
Gurpurab as we commemorate the birth of Guru Nanak.
Today we celebrate the birthday of the first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak, the Founder of Sikh religion.
Guru Nanak taught Sikhs and non-Sikhs alike that we are at our best when we look after each other and our
The Sikh community’s ongoing contribution to Australia is shaped in no small part by the values taught by
Guru Nanak. Australians around the country have seen how that is put into practice, as the Sikh
community have stepped up to support their fellow Australians through the bushfires and COVID-19.
Social justice and equality have always been a strong focus of Sikh faith. You feel the call to step up and
help people of all faiths and backgrounds. As leader of the Australian Labor Party, I join with you in this
spirit as we work tirelessly for our country.
I send my heartfelt wishes to you and your families on the auspicious occasion of Guru Nanak Gurpurab.
The Hon. Anthony Albanese MP
Leader of the Opposition
Similar Posts by The Author:
- Research finds reasons for mothers’ reduced supply of breast milk
- LaunchVic Grants: Growth Opportunity and New Jobs for Victorian Medtechs
- $400,000 for Mosque Open Day – to welcome Victorians
- Cameras catching too many drivers behaving badly
- Ram temple @ Ayodhya: Did Nihang Sikhs claim back the Ram temple FIRST in 1858?