- Eighty percent Indian men would like their dates to sport a red lipstick the first time they meet and prefer them to make the ‘first move’, finds a India-wide research conducted by a dating app.
A lot of women tend to give their look and attire a lot of thought before going for a date.
Giving an insight into what is popular with most men in India between the age group of 18-30 years, app TrulyMadly shares a few pointers that could prove to be useful.
- When it comes to what a girl should wear, the classic white T-shirt and blue jeans combination wins with 43% respondents rooting for it. A red dress with high heels follows next.
Only 16% men showed preference for Indian attire.
Over 6,450 men across India participated in the survey, which was conducted earlier this month.
“It’s delightful to see how Indian men are emphatically stating their preference to date girls who are bold and self-assured. From wearing a red lipstick to making the first move, women can finally let go of their inhibitions. These findings hint a significant cultural shift, given that our data comes from thousands of men of different age profiles across India,” Vimoha Bagla, head of content at TrulyMadly, said.
- Surprisingly, 90% men like it when women make the first move.
- Eighty percent men “notice and love it” when women play with their hair and
- 89% are pro-tattoos.
- Also, 64% men said they do not judge women on their selfies and
- 67% men find bad breath as their biggest turn off.
- The tradition of men paying for the date is still a winner with 59% men voting for it.
However, 40% men want the bill to be split equally.
Shalini S with agencies