Indiagate Epping and Curry Vault Restaurant and Bar Melbourne have been added by the state government to Public Exposure COVID sites.
The state government lists site where there is risk of COVID infections and those premises have had confirmed cases visit during their infectious period. This does not mean that there is an ongoing risk associated with the premises. You can safely visit the site in line with current restrictions.
The individual, a male in his 30s, recently returned to Australia from overseas and undertook hotel quarantine in South Australia. He arrived in Victoria and returned to his home in Wollert on 4 May and developed symptoms on 8 May. He presented for testing on 10 May and further testing yesterday confirmed the positive result.
The individual is isolating at his home and household primary close contacts have been tested and returned negative results.
In the current list of 5 places, 2 are local Indian businesses. Curry Vault Indian Restaurant & Bar18-20 Bank Place Melbourne VIC 3000 and Indiagate Spices and Groceries U 14 C/560-590 High St Epping VIC 3076 is the other.
According to the information provided by the contact tracing team, the infected person attended Curry Vault Indian Restaurant and Bar on May 7 between 6:30pm – 9:30pm.
The grocery store Indiagate Spices and Groceries U 14 C/560-590 High St Epping VIC 3076 was visited by the positive covid case on May 6 between 5:00pm – 6:00pm.
Also read: VMC urges all to use QR code at Community functions
Both businesses are listed as Tier 1 which means anyone who has visited these locations during those times must get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days from the exposure.
- The exposure period reflects the date or time that someone with coronavirus (COVID-19) visited that location. This visit occurred during the time that person was infectious. This includes 48 hours prior to them developing symptoms.
- Locations are identified during contact tracing. Contact tracing occurs after someone tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Locations stay on the list for 14 days after the last time someone with coronavirus (COVID-19) visited during the period. 14 days is the longest period of time (incubation period) that someone who visited a location and came in to contact with someone who has coronavirus (COVID-19) could have the virus before they show symptoms.
The locations listed are where there is a higher risk you may have been exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19). It is not a complete list. The information is based on advice provided to the department by people who are confirmed cases.
Risk locations will remain on the list for 14 days from the most recent exposure.
Other public exposure sites listed by the government are:
- 7-Eleven Epping, 705 High St & Cooper Street Epping VIC 3076
Exposure period: 08/05/2021 11:10am – 11:40am
- Woolworths Epping Corner of Cooper Street & High Street Epping VIC 3076
Exposure period: 08/05/2021 5:40pm – 6:38pm
- TIC Group 232 Blackshaws Road Altona North VIC 3025
Exposure period: 06/05/2021 12:01am – 11:59pm
- Pact Retail Accessories, 232 Blackshaws Road, Altona North
Exposure period: 06/05/2021 8:15am – 5:15pm
- Craigieburn Railway Station
Exposure period:07/05/2021 5:23pm – 5:28pm
- Southern Cross Railway Station:
Exposure period: 07/05/2021 6:07pm – 6:22pm
- Metro Train – Craigieburn to Southern Cross Train Service
Exposure period:07/05/2021 Departing 5:28pm – Arriving 6:07pm
- Flinders Street Railway Station
Exposure period: 07/05/2021 9:50pm – 10:50pm
- Metro Train – Flinders Street to Craigieburn Train Service
Exposure period: 07/05/2021 Departing 10:20pm – Arriving 11:05pm
If you were at the stations (above) but were also on the train service exposure site, follow the specific advice for the train service exposure site.
This exposure site relates to a specific service. If you were on those services/trains – in any carriage, and alighting and departing at any station – follow the health advice.
Similar Posts by The Author:
- Toyah Cordingley’s alleged killer Rajwinder brought back to face charges
- Supreme Court constitute committee to probe Hindenburg allegations against Adani group
- Indian-American Neal Mohan is the new YouTube CEO
- Limited AMNESTY for TPV, SHEV holders announced
- Refugees ‘Protest For Permanent Visas in front of Albanese’s Electoral Office