Coronavirus is wreaking havoc everywhere and Australia is also bearing the brunt of it with cases of COVID-19 rising everyday. As we look at the latest coronavirus Australia update, the situation in Australia, as at 3:00pm on 24 March 2020, was rapidly getting worse. To the minute, there have been 2,136 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 8 deaths and 427 new cases in the past 24 hours.
Also read: Australia shut down by COVID-19
Taking the lead in many ways in this fight against coronavirus, more than 160,000 tests have been conducted across Australia. Here is a Australia wide, state by state break up COVID-19 cases in Australia:
|Australian Capital Territory||39|
|New South Wales||913|
Overview of cases
Data used in the overview are based on confirmed cases reported from jurisdictions to the National Notifiable Disease Surveillance System (NNDSS) at 11.59pm 23 March 2020.
This graph shows the number of confirmed cases by notification date. Interpret the most recently reported new cases shown in the graph with caution as there can be delays in reporting.
To date, most confirmed cases are considered to have been acquired overseas although a large proportion are still under investigation to understand the source of infection.
The majority of Australian confirmed cases acquired overseas had a recent history of travel to Europe or the Americas.
Similar Posts by The Author:
- More debt, higher taxes under Labor says Brad Rowswell
- COVID still here – Australia requires negative COVID tests results before flights from China
- Pakenham ‘Burger Boss’ operators ordered to pay $15,717.60
- John Pesutto eyes multicultural votes for 2026, puts them ‘front and centre’
- Renee Heath increased Liberal vote in Eastern Victoria by more than 10,000