New Delhi, July 7: Former Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar, popularly known as ‘Rawalpindi Express’, says it is for his fans and filmmakers to decide whether a film based on his life should be made or not.
But he wants Bollywood’s superstar Salman Khan to play his role “in the biopic, if that happens”.
From “Bhaag Milkha, Bhaag” to “Mary Kom” to “Sultan” and “Azhar”, biopics on sports stars seem to be the flavour of the season in Bollywood.
And Shoaib Akhtar, who will be seen judging an upcoming comedy show “Indian Mazak League”, agrees with it.
“I know that is the trend these days, but I am no one to decide that. If people think that my life is interesting and inspiring, then they can make a movie out of it. If not, then let it be.
“It is for fans and filmmakers to decide,” Akhtar said from Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
And should that happen, Akhtar has his preference. “I’d like to see Salman Khan playing my role in the biopic, if that happens.”
For now, Akhtar will be seen on the small screen only judging the comedy show with Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh.
The show will go on air on Life OK channel soon.
Similar Posts by The Author:
- Cricketer S Sreesanth embroiled in a cheating case
- Finals made in Heaven: Australia to take on the mighty Indians on Sunday
- Balvinder Singh Sandhu attends India’s 1983 Cricket World Cup victory 40th Anniversary in Melbourne
- World Cup 2023 : KL Rahul and Virat Kohli save the day for India
- Danushka Gunathilaka found NOT Guilty of rape