Melbourne is in its last days of Sunny days – and it is leaving behind a lot of tanned skin.
The tanning is a common occurrence during Summer; and if you are not one of those who like tanned skin, try these Indian home-hacks.
Look into your fridge for the cucumbers, papaya, tomatoes to get rid of tan without burning or affecting the skin, says an expert.
Pankaj Agagrwal, senior hoemoepath at Agrawal Homoeo Clinic, has shared tips for all who want to get rid of their skin-tan.
* Cucumber, rose water and lemon juice pack: One of the best home remedies for removing tanning is cucumber and lemon, which are also known as bleaching agents . Lemon gives you lightened skin whereas cucumber and rose water cools down your skin. Mix the three ingredients together and apply with cotton. Wash after 10 minutes with cold water. Apply the pack everyday to see good results.
* Papaya and honey face pack: This fruit pack helps you to remove face tan with the help of enzymes present in papaya. The enzymes present in papaya lightens your skin tone and reduces the visibility of scars and blemishes. Honey moisturize and softens the skin. Mix half cup of ripe and mashed papaya and add one tablespoon of honey. Apply the pack and rinse with water.
* Tomato, yogurt and lemon juice face pack: This face pack has bleaching properties of lemon, tomato and yoghurt, which improve your skin tone naturally. Lemon helps in removing dark spots and pigmentation from sun-tanned skin, tomato juice works as a natural toner to shrink open pores and reduce oiliness of skin, whereas yoghurt moisturises and nourishes the skin. Take three table spoon of tomato pulp, one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of yogurt. Mix them well and apply. Let it dry for 30 minutes and then.
* Milk powder, honey and almond oil face pack: This pack helps in achieving a clear tone. Mix two tablespoon of milk powder, one tablespoon of honey and few drops of almond oil. Apply the pack, leave it for 20 minutes and wash.
* Sandalwood and coconut water pack: Sandalwood powder works as a natural skin cleanser and remove impurities, dead cells and blemishes the skin. Mix one tablespoon of sandalwood powder with coconut water and add few drops of almond oil, apply for 20 minutes and wash.
* Saffron and fresh cream face pack: Saffron helps in removing tan, brightening skin, fight pimples and acne. Soak a few strands of saffron in two tablespoon of milk cream overnight, blend both and apply them on face with the help of your finger. Wait for 20 minutes and rinse with water.